Welcome to St Mary’s Church, Plympton
The tall granite tower of Plympton St. Mary can be seen from far away, it is a visible sign that Christian worship has been maintained here for centuries. The present building dates from 1311 – when it was part of Plympton Priory, one of the leading monastic houses in the South West of England. Through the generations, the people of Plympton St. Mary have come to this church to worship God, to rejoice in times of joy and to seek comfort in times of sorrow.
Today we continue to celebrate the good news of Jesus Christ in the worship of the church, day-by-day and week-by-week.
This is a friendly and caring community and we aim to offer a range of services and activities for all ages.
We hope this website will provide useful information for all who use it.